Happy Friday everyone:) Am I the only person who thought January was a fast month?! Anyway this month brings us Valentines Day, so if you are planning to spoil your other half with a romantic homemade dinner, then I have the perfect dessert to go with it:) Or if you couldn’t give two hoots about Valentines Day, but want to make a delicious dessert to eat while binge watching Netflix, then I still have the perfect dessert for you! A no bake baileys and maltesers cheesecake…yum.
This is such a quick and easy dessert to make and you just need to throw it into the fridge! So, enough rambling, here it is:
- 300g plain digestive biscuits
- 115g butter (melted)
- 450g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar (sifted)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract (vanilla essence will do also just add a bit more)
- 300ml whipped cream
- 175ml of Baileys Irish Cream
- 165g of maltesers (keep some for decorating)
- 25g melted chocolate
- While the butter is melting on the cooker, smash up the digestives until they are crumbs. I just put the digestives into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, but you can use a blender either.
- Add the smashed up digestives into a mixing bowl, pour in the melted butter and mix. This is now the base of your cheesecake. Put this mixture into a 9″ springform tin and flatten down using the back of a spoon, then put into the fridge for an hour. No need to cover.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer to help soften it up. Add the sifted icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix. Now the best bit, add the baileys:) 175ml might be too much for you so add a bit at a time until you are happy with taste. If you want to add more, go for it!
- In a separate bowl, whip up the cream and fold this into the cream cheese mixture using your spatula.
- Crush the maltesers, leaving some to decorate the top. I use the freezer bag rolling pin method again! Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove the springfrom tin from the fridge and pour your cream cheese mixture onto the base. To smooth down the top, use the back of metal spoon, but make sure that you keep dipping the spoon into a cup of hot water to stop it from sticking!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and drizzle all over the cheesecake and decorate with the remaining maltesers.
Put the cheesecake in the fridge, I generally leave it in overnight and it’s ready for the next day:)
That’s it, so easy! I hope you enjoy and happy baking:)